Regional Support Specialist
PAX-Program of Academic Exchange | PORT CHESTER, NEW YORK
PAX-Program of Academic Exchange is a non-profit global education and cultural exchange program based in Port Chester, NY that offers its employees a great benefits package, a fast-paced yet friendly company culture, and the opportunity to work with a wide network of diverse volunteers across the country.
PAX is designated by the U.S. Department of State as a J-1 Exchange Visitor Program sponsor. We proudly work to make exchange possible for deserving young people from around the world and their U.S. host families to share their cultures and become family. We are proud to be one of few organizations chosen to work with U.S. Department of State-sponsored scholarship students through the Future Leaders Exchange (FLEX) Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) programs.
- We believe in providing American host families and the international students they host with positive, life-changing exposure to new cultures.
- Our office provides the backbone of support for our field staff. We all work together to achieve our goal of finding great host families for all of our students.
Entry-level opportunity in international education/diplomacy
We're looking for a Regional Support Specialist (RSS) to join our national office team. As one of four Regional Support Specialists, you will provide integral behind-the-scenes administrative support for the PAX field team. Each member of the RSS team collaborates with other departments on overarching PAX goals and development, provides light technical and customer service-style support, and generally keeps things running smoothly in the background.
Field Operations Support Supervisor
The RSS team works closely with the Regional Director team to meet regional placement goals, maintain compliant paperwork, and support placements throughout the program year.
- Prepare placement and host family change files for final Compliance review
- Track placements, changes, and payments in Excel
- Follow up with local coordinators and field staff to obtain compliant paperwork
- Promptly update databases when placements change
- Prepare mail
- Assist in review and tracking of monthly contact reports
- Work with assigned Regional Directors to help organize caseloads
- Assist coordinators and host families with the PAX Hub system
- Act as back-up for travel request coordinator when needed
- Conduct outreach to prospective host families, schools, LCs as needed
Qualified applicants will possess the following:
- Undergraduate degree required. Preference given to majors in education, public administration, international studies, and other related social sciences.
- Excellent interpersonal, research, writing, analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Superior listening, consultative and diplomatic skills required as well as the ability to handle sensitive matters discreetly.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively under pressure.
- Computer literacy including proficiency in use of MS Office applications; experience using customer, member or other database systems preferred.
- Preference will also be given for:
- Those familiar with the non-profit environment
- Previous international or intercultural experience
- Experience with adolescents, young people or education
- Field organizing/campaign experience
Why Should You Apply?
- Come join our amazing national office team! We are a fun and dedicated group of like-minded individuals working to make a difference.
- Excellent benefits (see above).
- Recent graduates encouraged to apply! The RSS position is a great first step toward a career in the non-profit sector, international relations, or education.
- Make a difference in the lives of our students and host families.
The Location: The PAX national office is located in Port Chester, NY, in Westchester County. Close to White Plains, Stamford, and easy access to Metro-North.
How to Apply
Email your resume and a brief letter of interest to email@example.com. Subject line must reference "Regional Support Specialist." Please tell us how you learned of this opening in your letter of interest.
JOB TYPE: ADMINISTRATION
LOCATION: NEW YORK
• Post ID: 137038492 westchester