What you’ll be doing...
Our Network Engineering team is responsible for designing and maintaining network infrastructure to provide quality products/services to our customers. We are charged with finding new and effective methods to complete this work while providing strategic support of the design teams in a fast paced, high energy working environment. You will perform assignments of varied responsibility, scope, and complexity. This candidate selected for this position will be responsible for project managing the NY Broadband / CAF project in Upstate NY. Responsibilities including delivering the project on time within budget and scope, overseeing vendor workforce, and managing material procurement. Should have a background in business skills, management, budgeting and analysis.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in fields of business, computer science, or engineering.
- Proven working experience as a project administrator in the information technology sector.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- PMP certification.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2520727-network-engineer-project-manager
• Post ID: 163143347 westchester