What you’ll be doing...
Our Network Engineering team is responsible for designing and maintaining network infrastructure to provide quality products/services to our customers.
The Senior Manager in Network Engineering will lead a team of Design Engineers to successfully execute the NY Broadband /CAF Program. Responsibilities including delivering the project on time within budget and scope, overseeing vendor workforce, and managing material procurement. They will use their expertise of the technology landscape to collaborate with the project stakeholders and drive meaningful strategic decisions. We’re looking for a strong, self-motivated individual who brings technical, process and managerial leadership.
A qualified candidate would need to exhibit significant experience across the following areas:
- A deep understanding of Verizon wireline network infrastructure, operations workflow, procedures and rules of engagement.
- Strategically partner with the vendors and supplier community to develop healthy pipeline of companies enabling Engineering to meet aggressive timelines.
- Build and lead a highly motivated team to develop a culture that drives innovation and strategic network growth and actively mentoring individuals and teams
- This position will need to interface extensively and partner effectively with many functions within the various Verizon business units including Operations, Sourcing, Legal, and a variety of other business and organizations spanning Verizon's enterprise.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree - Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications, Business.
- 6+ years of wireline, wireless telecommunications, Network industry experience.
- Proven ability to lead cross functional and technical teams.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Experience working in a fast paced, complex environment that can sometime present conflicting challenges.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, organizational, problem solving, presentation and multi-objective skills.
- Reflects Verizon's core values and culture for success.
- Critical thinker with strong problem solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail, with results-oriented focus.
- Experience in Leading / Organizing internal and peer team members and providing Executive level updates as needed.
- Excellent listening skills and ability to expresses ideas fluently and logically.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to mentor, coach and inspire others.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2521068-senior-network-engineering-manager
• Post ID: 163143717 westchester